A born fiction writer, Rusty Coats learned early that everyone wants to be the hero in the story. As a consultant to media organizations, he helps companies find their own hero’s path in building sustainability.
Reporter and columnist turned digital media leader, Rusty knows the difference journalism can make in a community’s life. Finding sustainable, innovative ways to help organizations pay for journalism is Rusty's calling.
Rusty's Career Highlights
· Prize-winning reporter and columnist
· Pulitzer finalist
· Digital media pioneer, moving into interactive media in 1993
· Spearheaded initiatives to earn $100M in revenue for the Local Media Consortium two years running
· Driver of audience and revenue for media companies like McClatchy, Media General and E.W. Scripps
· Author of two published novels, “Out of Touch” and “Avalon”